Sunday, October 28, 2012

Boo!


Halloween is such a great time of year. 
If you asked my second graders they would agree!


 I have never done "Halloween" projects in the past 
but when I found this book
 "Inside a House that is Haunted" 
I knew I could have some fun creating projects with my students.


 I have to give Ginger over at Paintbrush Rocket props for her fun Frankenstein project. 
From there we took off making some other characters from the book!




"who spooked the mummy who ran with a shriek"







that frightened the ghost who awoke and cried, "BOO!"
surprising the cat that jumped and screeched, "MEW!"






that shook up the bats that swooped through the air 
and jolted the owl that called, "Who-Who's there?"



Bats with Crazy, Silly Eyes!


 I hope you have a Boo-tiful Halloween too!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable......love the mummy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and spooky! I'm quite fond of the mummy myself! :)Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you explain how you organized/prepared for this? Did each child make one or several? Was it by table? I love the finished product, Now I'm trying to visualize how to make it happen (in 40 minutes!). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each class had a character. Monday's class created cats, Tuesday's group created witches, Wednesday's -bats, Thursday's -Frankenstein, Friday-Mummies. Each child made their own project. The mummies were my favorite and the easiest!

      Delete
  4. The mummy is so funny! I stole the Frankenstein from artsy on Flickr! I love the witch shoes! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete