Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkins.

Week One: 
2nd grade create large, beautiful, pumpkins with tempera paint on 12 x 18 paper. We focused on brush strokes to create texture on our pumpkins. Then Let Dry.
Week 2:
Students added various strips of paper to create a border and cut squares of painted paper to create tabs on the border. Here is a poem we read and displayed with our pumpkins. We had  lots of fun with this project. Enjoy!




One day I found two pumpkin seeds.
I planted one and pulled the weeds.
It sprouted roots and a big, long vine.
A pumpkin grew; I called it mine.
The pumpkin was quite round and fat.
(I really am quite proud of that.)
But there is something I'll admit
That has me worried just a bit.
I ate the other seed, you see.
Now will it grow inside of me?

(I'm so relieved since I have found
That pumpkins only grow in the ground!)





1 comment: