connecting curriculum and creativity through art

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I am very thankful for what I have- my family, my co-workers and students, and for meeting such great people through the blogging world! Enjoy your holiday


By the way our inspiration for these fun pumpkins is Polly Jones. She is a fabulous artist and I just love her work! Check out her blog

My second graders loved painting these vivid pumpkins.. The students added a painted paper border to complete the look!


  1. I love the pumpkins and their borders. If we hadn't done so much with pumpkins last month, I would try this project this week!

  2. Wow! thanks for the shout out! I love these paintings. Your projects really inspire me for doing things with the Boys and Girls Club.

  3. And a happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

  4. I love your projects. What type/brand of paint do you use for your painted papers?