Never take the fun out of creating because that is where the learning begins!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Van Gogh Wheat Fields



4th graders created beautiful landscapes with tempera paints and oil pastels. First, students used a larger brush to paint a base layer of paint. 2nd, the students created movement with a small paint brush and small brushstrokes. Just like Van Gogh, students add small lines to their shapes. Lastly, students created more texture on the paintings with a 3rd layer using various oil pastels. Students really enjoyed this projects!

3 comments:

  1. These paintings are very pretty and look easy too. Sometimes I think we can make things too complicated!
    Have I told you about my new art teacher blog? (new blog, but not-so-new teacher!) It's called There's a Dragon in my Art Room and you can find it at http://plbrown.blogspot.com/
    Please come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are exquisite!! Going to try some with my second-grader here at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting inspired...thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete